If you are being bullied immediately go to a trusted adult, such as,
- A parent
- A teacher
- A librarian
Telling these people does not mean you are tattling. It’s not tattling because the bully is hurting you and you are not hurting them.
Here is a list of helpful links you
- http://www.STOMPoutbullying (live help chat line)
Here are some ways to boost your self-esteem (How you feel about as a person)
- Use mantras. Mantras are statements you repeat to yourself to feel empowered. For example: I think I can, I know I can, I knew I could!
- Sometimes the bully feels insecure about something that is going on, it has nothing to do with you.
I am bold, unique, and I matter
I am smart, beautiful/handsome, and me
Here are some other things you can do:
You can write is a journal to track the positive things
You can use a diary to write your feelings
You can talk to your pets or stuffed animals to let your feelings out
If you feel that you are being bullied here are some witty comebacks that you could use against the bully!
- Bully says, “You are so ugly in that outfit!” You say, “Excuse me, but last time I checked, I wasn’t a mirror.” In this comeback, the bully says something about how you are ugly, and by saying the comeback above, you are telling the bully that since all the mean words can’t be about them, then the bully is mistaking you for a mirror and therefore talking about how ugly they are and not about you.
- When a bully says “What are you wearing because it looks so ugly on you,” you could say “it is my own style,” or you could say, ” I like my clothing and it expresses me.
- When a bully says ” you are stupid,” you could say ” I am smart in my own way.
- When a bully says ” why are you crying crybaby,” and you say ” it is none of your beeswax and you don’t need to know.”